M-1 Challenge: Bennett vs. Garner Packs Hostile Action Inside Hangar
July 9, 2011
Costa Mesa, Calif. (July 8, 2011) – All but one bout in Friday night’s M-1 Challenge event from The Hangar at OC Fair & Event Center in Orange County, Calif. ends via knock-out. The five-fight telecast aired LIVE on SHOWTIME®.
The main event featuring the rematch between the 2010 M-1 Selection Americas Tournament heavyweight finalists Pat Bennett (4-2), of Marcellus, N.Y., and Kenny ‘Deuce’ Garner (6-3), of Port St. Lucie, Fla. ended in fireworks; Garner captured his second knock-out victory over Bennett, securing another shot against M-1’s current champion, undefeated Guram Gugenishvili, on a future card this year.
OFFICIAL MAIN CARD RESULTS
- Kenny Garner def. Pat Bennett via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:15
- Arthur Guseinov def. Tyson Jeffries via knockout (spinning backfist) – Round 1, 1:32
- Mairbek Taisumov def. Josh Bacallao via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:01
- Daniel Weichel def. Bau Baker via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
- Eddie Arizmendi def. Jason Norwood via knockout (strikes) – Round 2, 4:55
PRELIMINARY CARD RESULTS
- Diman Morris def. Brandon Michaels via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Max Martyniouk def. Mike De Robles via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:30